Thursday, November 22, 2012

Overclocking weekend!

Yes, this weekend, I (AlbertMwugabi) and Wasindop used the helping hand of mother nature and the cold air to see how far we could push our systems.

Wasindops setup:
i5 760
Maximus III Formula
GTX480
Corsair 2000MHz RAM (2 modules)
Zalman CNPS9900 max

First up is Wasindop's terrible i5 760 that clocks really bad and needs lots of voltage to be stable. He got it up to 4.2GHz and stable enough for some superPI and wPrime. He then clocked his memory rated at 2000MHz and 9-9-9-24 i think. He got them to run 2133MHz @ 8-9-8-24 1T.


My setup:
i7 2600k
Maximus IV Extreme
GTX480
Corsair 2000MHz RAM (2 modules)
Noctua NH-U12P

Next is my setup, highest i could push my CPU was 5.1GHz. I had the same memory as Wasindop and i managed to get my up to the very same speeds as his, 2133MHz @ 8-9-8-24 1T.



Since we both used the same GPU and could get them both to about 900MHz core we didn't care about the GPU so much.

It might not have been super clocks and no HWBot submissions were made but me both learned a lot about our systems and the limits so were looking forward to more clocking this christmas!

//AlbertMwugabi

PS. I might update this later on since i didn't have as much material as i first thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment